Thursday, July 30, 2009

Laser removal, does it work?

Has anyone tried laser hair removal or any other permanent hair removal? Does it work or should I just stick to shaving rashes and stubble?



Laser removal, does it work?

it works but it takes more than one treatment....to do an area..say your arm pits...it will take 2 or 4 treatments, costing about $400 dollars a piece......so look to spend about $1200 just for under arms...sometimes they run specials that you can do both legs for $3500



Laser removal, does it work?

I have had it and it does work. Additionally, I live in a very expensive area (Boston) but I didn't pay as much as some people are claiming it costs. I believe it was $75/hour and I ended up doing three hour long treatments.



It does work better for people who have fair skin and dark hair. But I think there are new techniques/machinery for others as well.



Laser removal, does it work?

I want to do that I'm sick and tired of shaving!



Laser removal, does it work?

I've gotten my bikini area lasered, and I'm really happy with the results. It does work best, so they told me, on light skin with dark, coarse hair. If you have fine or blonde hair, there just isn't enough pigment to absorb the heat from the laser and the procedure will not work. Also, if you have dark skin, there is a risk of removing the pigment from the area (hypo-pigmentation), resulting in one lighter area on your body. It is pretty safe, provided you go to a properly trained professional. They must be certified and really should display their certificate. When you go for a first consultation, they will go over your nedical history, and see if there are any complication that might prevent you having this procedure.



I personally spent years waxing, shaving and plucking hairs from down there, and I really find it's the best option so far. They might come up with something so wonderful in time, but for now, I think this is your best option. It is expensive. I won't lie to you there. Like, my bikini area cost ~$600CDN and count on your legs running you ~$1000CDN or more.



I got a "package" where I only paid once, and I had about 6 sessions over the course of a year. Now, the hair is almost completely removed. I may have one or two more sessions before I'm completely done. ONCE THE HAIR FOLLICLE IS TREATED, IT WILL NOT GROW IN AGAIN. I just want to state that. BUT your hair grows in cycles, so any growth you do get will be new hairs, which will be treated in the next session.



It isn't too painful. But depending on the area you are getting treated, and your pain tolerance, the pain will vary. I was told to take an advil or tylenol before the treatment. Or, if it's really bad, they'll put a little anesthetic on the area to numb it.



It won't leave any permanent marks. You might just have a bit of dry skin, possibly some scabbing that can be cleared up by just slapping on some moisturizing lotion, like aloe, for a few days after the treatment. And for a little while after the treatment, the hairs are going to slowly fall out of the follicle. You can speed this up by loofahing the area, or even pulling them out with tweezers. Just be sure not to pluck out any ones that haven't been treated. These ones will not just fall out. You'll know the difference once you do it.



I know that was kind of long, but I really hope I helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment